The coconut-stuffed crescent-shaped dumplings are steamed in milk that has been spiced with cardamom and cinnamon.
1 hour and 20 minutes were spent cooking in total.
Prepare 10 minutes
Time to Cook
Recipe Servings 2 Medium
Dudh Puli’s ingredients
- Desiccated coconut
- 2 cups of rice flour,
- 1 cup of water,
- Salt 1/8 tsp.,
- Milk 4 cups,
- 1 cup of Sugar,
- 3 to 4 small cardamom and
- 4 to 6 cinnamon sticks
Prepare the coconut filling:
1. In a nonstick pan, combine coconut, condensed milk, and ordinary milk. The mixture must be somewhat fluid but not completely sticky. 2. Include cinnamon and cardamom. Until the mixture gets slightly sticky, turn on the stove and whisk continuously.
Making the dumplings:
1. Add salt to boiling water.
2. After turning off the burner, mix the hot water with the rice flour to create a dough that is firm but not sticky.
3. If you press on the dough with your finger, it ought to spring back. Adapt the flour as necessary. Good kneading takes around five minutes.
4. Roll out a portion of the dough. Using a cookie cutter, create circles.
5. Top each round with a dab of coconut filling. To create a crescent-shaped seal, wet the edges of the and press firmly.
6. To cook the dumplings, combine 4 cups of milk, cinnamon, and cardamom in a nonstick skillet and bring to a boil.
7. Pour boiling milk over sugar, stirring to combine.
8. After that, add the dumplings and simmer them at medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are done.
9. It can be given cold or heated. Add chopped pistachio and brown coconut as a garnish.